UX Soup for the Management Soul

UX design translated.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Naughty ADP. Very, very naughty.

Perusing job postings last night, I came across this:




(The arrow is mine. I really, really didn't want you to miss it.)


I'm not going to poke fun at the firm behind the posting, because I think this blooper was courtesy of payroll giant ADP. Here's why: The URL tells me the posting was generated by ADP's systems, most likely part of the ADP services suite:




Executive takeaway: Proofread everything, including content pulled from content-management systems, in production.


Someone in HR entered the job description in ADP's UI, selecting job classes from a pre-set list of categories. That HR person has no control over how the system displays those categories. (If that's not what happened and I'm being unfair to ADP, please set me straight.)


Computer systems can't tell when truncation leads to words and meanings that are unfortunate for human beings. The only way to catch that is to have actual humans proof all your copy.

Ask Per “Pierre” Jørgensen

Q: No comments? What gives?

A: Frankly, I don't have the patience for all the anonymous crap the comment field seems to attract. Since you, dear reader, are neither anonymous nor a purveyor of crap, please use my contact form. I promise to read it, and, if your critique is incisive or your question pertinent, I'll post it (with your permission, of course).